Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NY Senate Candidate Joanne Yepsen Kicks Off 43-Stop Tour of the 43rd Senate District – 43 Days Before Election Day

I'm excited to have kicked off my 43-stop “tour” of the 43rd Senate District today, 43 days before election day.

I’ll be out meeting people every day, discussing the issues that are important to residents, business owners, farmers, educators, seniors and working parents. I want them to know that I’m in their neighborhoods, that I’m accessible, so they will come out to meet me.

I spent the afternoon of Day 43 in the 43rd in downtown Troy, meeting with advocates for better, safer, more affordable housing. In a private meeting, I learned more about the city's housing issues and I pledged my support to help clean up housing problems in Troy, and clean up the mess in Albany.

As a third-term Saratoga County Supervisor, I've worked hard for preservation, veterans’ housing, holding the line on taxes through tight budget management, and saving and creating jobs, local businesses and services.

I took a walking tour to see first-hand some vacant Troy properties, problem buildings, and successfully saved residences, and spoke to residents along the way.

I told them, “I've worked hard to resist spending money we can't afford; helped bring and keep jobs to the area, helped grow revenue to hold the line on taxes, and accessed funds that help real people solve real problems."

My constituents know I'm committed to representing their interests. As a strong, independent voice in Albany, I'll do the same for all of the 43rd District.

Roy McDonald says he’s concerned about your issues – that he’s working for you, to support and protect your interests. But the record shows that as the current Senator in the 43rd District, his votes protect the banking industry, not the hard-working tax payer.

Come to Troy Night Out this Friday, 6-8 p.m. I'd love the opportunity to meet you and to hear what I can do for you as your next State Senator


Joanne speaks to residents on transitional block in downtown Troy about housing and employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment