Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 42 of 43 in the 43rd -

I visited some small businesses in downtown Troy today. I heard some of what they need to have happen in Albany. And about how their voice has not been represented. As a small business owner myself, I understand their challenges. I want to hear more, so I'm setting up a small business forum in October. Stay tuned for a date.
Later in the day, I attended Taste of Rensselaer County, a benefit for the Rensselaer County Farm Bureau's scholarship fund. The room was filled with farmers and supporters of agriculture. I had the opportunity to speak with many livestock and dairy farmers, including the Michel family of Millbrook Dairy Farms, LLC. They're six-generation dairy farmers - nobody knows the needs of regional farmers better.
With a proven record in support of agriculture in Saratoga County, I am committed  to advocating for our agricultural industries across the 43rd District - openly in the Senate Chamber and behind closed doors - where the interests of our region have been conspicuously absent.
Tomorrow, I'll be going door to door to meet residents in Rensselaer, then at the Feast of the Fields in Saratoga. See you around the 43rd soon!


Joanne and Anthony Criscone of Illium Cafe talk about hosting Small Business Forum in Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment