Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 19

It has certainly been a whirlwind these past few weeks. I have spent every day – from Day 43 ‘til today, only 19 days before the election – talking to voters across the 43rd District. And this week, I had the opportunity to debate my opponent.

I asked him: Where have you been and who have you been representing? I ask these questions because this is what I hear from voters as I listen to their concerns.

They want to understand why he is in the lower 20 percent of senators in attendance on the Senate floor. They want to understand how he can say he represents them, yet vote in favor of lending institutions, against consumer lending protections. And they want to know who is bringing their concerns and needs to Albany. Who is protecting the farmer, the regional economy, the small business owner? They feel their absence.

Albany has never been more dysfunctional. It’s ok to be angry. It’s our hard-earned tax dollars that aren’t being spent wisely. It’s our jobs and our families that are in jeopardy. And it’s this region we love that we want to grow, prosper and be sustainable for our children and grandchildren.

If you want someone who consistently votes in support of his party and his banking career, rather than his constituents, please, send my opponent back to Albany. If you want meaningful change – someone who is a strong, bi-partisan voice who will stand up for the people of the 43rd – vote me into the NYS Senate November 2nd. I can’t wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment